bobcox dot com logo

Stoke Gifford title

Stoke Gifford is located within the unitary authority/district of South Gloucestershire. It is made up of the old county of Avon districts of Northavon and Kingswood. Avon existed only from 1974 to 1996. Prior to 1974, Stoke Gifford was in Gloucestershire. Today, it is still within the ceremonial county of Gloucestershire and to add to the confusion, Stoke Gifford has a Bristol postal address (but is not part of Bristol, which is both a City and a County, having been granted county status by Edward III in 1373). Here are links to the Stoke Gifford Parish Council and to Adrian Kerton's History of Stoke Gifford.

Here are a few photographs of Stoke Gifford.

St Michael's Church:

Front of St Michael's Church

The front of St Michael's Church.

Rear of St Michael's Church, Stoke Gifford

The rear of the Church at night

The Village Green:

War Memorial on The Green, Stoke Gifford

The War Memorial

Old School Rooms, Stoke Gifford

The Old School Rooms

The pubs:

The Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford

The Beaufort Arms

The Parkway, Stoke Gifford

The Parkway (which used to be the Parkway Tavern)

Bristol Parkway:

Bristol Parkway Railway Station, Stoke Gifford

Bristol Parkway Railway Station exterior

Inside Bristol Parkway Railway Station, Stoke Gifford

Virgin Voyager at Bristol Parkway

Back to bobcox.com

This page complies with the W3C XHTML and CSS standards:   Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict   Valid CSS